Besides kicking butt? 🙂
- Fall Rowing Challenge
- Local’s Gym 1 Year Celebration
- Fight For a Cure Workout Fundraiser
Fall Rowing Challenge: FRC2008. Concept2 puts these challenges together to build the sport of indoor rowing and get people in shape. I can totally handle that. Furthermore.
Sept 15th to Oct 15th
- Teams of 10 or more people where at least 10 people have rowed the 100km will be entered in a drawing to win another rower! (Gympossibly wins.)
- All participants rowing 100km will receive a prize from Concept2, to be determined. (You win.)
- All participants rowing 200km will receive a different prize, to be determined. (Lindsay wins.)
- We’re all elligible to purchase a limited edition T-shirt from www.cafepress.com (Abi and Cafepress win.)
- Everyone can download a certificate of completion that the gym will confiscate and post (Gym wins.)
- Rowing 3300m each day will get tiring, but it will also set an unreal rowing base to be used in our workouts all winter long! (Everyone wins.)
- As a point of clarity, meters rowed in workouts totally count toward the daily goal. Totally.
Registered Rowing Studs and Studettes:
- Carrie Ward
- Susan Winney
- Michelle Winney
- Lindsay "Delts" Schilaty
- Charles Neill
- Richard Duncan
- David Anselment
- Deidra Ducheane
- Shane McDonald
- Ann Mortenson
- Janice Hill
- Marge "The Natural" Goett
- Mike Ball
- Karen Ball
- Jesse "The Business" Ward (they roped me in)
Local’s Gym 1 Year Celebration!!!!
This is very exciting, we’ve got a special page written to chronicle this events creation and log the guest list and all that good stuff. If there’s a discrepancy talk with us and we’ll make sure it’s right! Date: Friday Sept 26th 8pm to midnight 🙂
This is where it’s gonna get tough….
FIGHT FOR A CURE: CROSSFIT DOES FIGHT GONE BAD TO HELP RAISE MONEY FOR PROSTATE CANCER RESEARCH
So drink light the night before 🙂 This is big into the constantly varied part of the prescription of CrossFit! The gym will be open from 10am to Noon. We’re sorry and hopefully out early morningers can see it in there hearts to forgive us but we’ll have to clean the gym that night, that morning and then set up for this workout. We will run heats every half hour and the sign up will be on the board by this weekend. There will be suggestions as well for people doing a scaled version as well as a "beasts" heat 🙂
Rules of Engagement from CrossFit HQ:
* To compete in the workout, all participants must complete each of the following:
1. Register with their local CrossFit Affiliate Center by Wednesday, September 24, 2008
2. Register with Athletes for a Cure at http://athletes.kintera.org/crossfit08 by Wednesday, September 24, 2008
3. Raise $150 or more in pledges by 5 pm PDT on Saturday, September 27, 2008
4. All donations counting toward the awards must be received by 5 pm PDT September 29, 2008.
* The four divisions are:
1. Class A: Standard Men = 75 lb PP and High Pull, 20lb Wall Ball and 20in Box
2. Class B: Modified Men/Standard Women = 55 lb PP and High Pull, 14lb Wall Ball and 20in Box
3. Class C: Intermediate = 35 lb PP and High Pull, 8lb Wall Ball and 20in Box (step ups are okay)
4. Class D: Beginner/Kids = 15lb PP and High Pull, 4lb Wall Ball (can be lowered 2in from standard height) and 10in Box
* High Score Individual Awards: Highest score in each division (male and female)
Top 3 scorers in each division will receive – Custom sterling silver, hand stamped ‘Dog Tag’ set with the winner’s name and facility on one tag and their score, location and FGB III on the other tag, with a sterling chain.
Each facility must designate one male and one female as their potential high scorer in each division. These will be the participants in the scoring division.
To be eligible for the individual scoring award the facility must submit an uploaded YouTube video of the designated scorer’s September 29th FGB no later than 7 days post event, and email the link to FGB3@athletesforacure.org. Winners will be judged by an anonymous panel of CrossFit judges. Any potential winner who fails to meet the CrossFit standards for FGB will be ineligible for awards.
* Highest Fundraising Facility Awards (Two Divisions)
More than 25 participants: $2500 gift certificate to Bigger, Faster, Stronger
Less than 25 participants: $1500
Should a smaller facility win the highest fundraising award, they will receive the entire $4,000. gift certificate.
* Each facility must designate one male and one female as their potential high scorer in each division. These will be the participants in the scoring division.
* Last year’s highest fundraising Affiliates were:
o More than 25 Participants: Petranek Fitness- $35,872.69
o 25 Participants or Less: CrossFit Boston – $28,795.00
We’ve got a lot of work to do!! Hooray 12 day fundraiser!! More to come!